Friday, September 12, 2008

#122 Lordy Who's 40

All of sudden, with little warning, my 40th birthday is here !

In the early morning of September 10th, 1968, my dear mother gave birth to yours truly. I am told I was born at over eight pounds, with a full head of black hair, and with squinty eyes that made me look Asian. Today, I am well over eight pounds, still have a full head of black hair, and living in Asia.

We threw a little birthday cake and beer party at the house and invited some Caterpillar colleagues and friends from the neighborhood. Our guest for dinner was John, a friend who works with the Motor Grader group in Decatur. Kathleen made a delicious carrot cake but forgot to buy candles, so I was spared the 40 candle conflagration.

Finally, Kathleen gave me a fantastic Sony digital SLR camera as a gift. This came up after I complained that my pictures of the Olympics were unacceptable with the tiny shirt-pocket sized camera. She is a good listener and brought home this fantastic, fancy camera with a 250 mm telephoto lens. My blog pictures are about to take a big step up !

No comments: