Monday, April 6, 2009

#191 First Confession

Joseph is preparing for his first communion which requires him to make his first confession. Confession is known nowadays by the kinder and gentler title of "reconcilliation" and we held a first reconcilliation ceremony at Church this Saturday night.

Kathleen organized this event in collaboration with a couple of friends and the priest, Bishop Joseph. They had a nice, concise ceremony followed by a line-up of the candidates who waited patiently with sweaty palms to face the screen and spill their guts about sins great and small.

None of us were able to pry out of Joseph what he told the bishop. As far as I can guess, his biggest challenge would have been selecting a choice few items from his long list of confessible sins.

The event was followed by a post-penance party at the Cazzato house where we indulged in some gluttony and sloth for the balance of the evening. During that party, I had the chance to meet my neighbor Michael's father who is a fan of the Cazzato Family Blog. Joe, from Georgia, and I are shown above having a good time and swapping stories. Actually, I have learned that it is hard to swap stories with a blog-reader, because when I have a good story, I have typically already written about it in the blog.

No comments: