Sunday, September 12, 2010

#327 Basketball

On Thursday night, I went out to dinner with a group of colleagues from Suzhou and was recruited to play on the department basketball team. They seemed desperate for a big American guy to help defend against the other team's big American guy - Jon #40, our operations manager.

I agreed to play, though it has been decades since I played a game of basketball and I was Joseph's age the last time I played on a team. The running shoes as basketball shoes were a dead giveaway that the red team's new walk-on player was perhaps not much of a threat. I proved to be little more than a nuisance when defending against Jon who is 6 or 8 inches taller than me and has been playing basketball for decades.

Though basketball proved to be a very tough game, it is certainly good exercise and was a nice challenge for a Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately our team got killed 52 to 37.

No comments: