Tuesday, April 15, 2008

#70 Maria Open House

This is third in a series of breaking kid news. On Friday, while Kathleen was on the road to the Shanghai hospital with Marco, I was assigned to attend Maria's preschool open house. At first I was reluctant to miss my morning line-up of work meetings to attend the open house. Kathleen told me that Maria was looking forward all week to her open house and convinced me to not miss this opportunity. I was very glad I went for both Maria's sake and for mine.

When I arrived, I could hear Maria's piercing voice from outside the classroom yelling "where's my Daddy?". She was so happy to see me, which was a rare treat because she typically prefers Mom. As you can see above, we listened to her teacher Ms. May read a book and we did an art project together. Not pictured is the round of the hokey-pokey that we danced together. I was pleased to meet Maria's teachers and get a nice report that Maria is getting along well with her classmates and is learning a lot of Chinese language.

Upon my departure, Maria burst into tears. Not a pleasant scene, but it did make me feel wanted.

No comments: