Friday, July 3, 2009

#221 Stanley & Bill

We had a Caterpillar blow-out party last night to send our colleagues Stanley and Bill home to their respective countries. Stanley is returning to Brazil and Bill to Aurora, Illinois. These guys became two of my closest friends during the past two years.

Stanley and I worked very closely together as the motor grader technical guy and program manager. I described him in my speech with the Chinese phrase "ta shì wǒmen de zuǒ yòu shǒu" meaning "Stanley is our left and right hands". It means that he is as helpful to us as our own hands - which is true.

Bill's picture you have seen on many pages of this blog. We have had many fun adventures together in China. He provided daily entertainment with his irreverant assessment of life in China.

Both guys and their families left Suzhou today to head for the airport. I am going to miss having them as part of my daily life. Having to say goodbye to both of them simultaneously is particularly difficult. We all wish them well in their repatriation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tony, thanks for the great going away party! Your thoughtfullness is being greatly appreciated!!!