Saturday, June 12, 2010

#305 Work News

We had a big event this week at work. This fourth of four motor grader product models started production this week in Suzhou. We had a product gateway review on Friday with the home office in Decatur, IL and got the approval to formally build and ship this new product.

From a personal standpoint, this nearly marks the end of my initial assignment in China. As the Motor Grader New Product Introduction Manager, my responsibility has been to manage the programs to introduce these models in China at the new factory. Of course, we accomplished this with a large, world-wide team of people, and it is a significant moment to celebrate.

Going forward from here, I think I have already written that I have been asked to stay in China for another six months or more. The next job is to launch a series of projects to further reduce the cost of these K-series motor graders. A change that comes with the job shift is a move from the Cat Suzhou office to the R&D center in Wuxi - about a 45 minute drive in the other direction from CSCL. We will not move our house, just my office.

1 comment:

Bill Baird said...

TC, I hope you are very proud of what you accomplished during the last 3 years. Good job!