Saturday, August 7, 2010

#317 Schenectady, NY

Next we drove north to Schenectady, New York where my parents, Ottavio and Eleanor, and brother Chris live. My parents still live in the same house in which I grew up. They are retired and my father is an avid gardener - you can see him and Joseph picking tomatoes for the sauce we ate later that night. The next picture shows my mother teaching Juliana how to make fresh tomato sauce.

We had beautiful weather in Schenectady with blue skies and mid-70 degree temperatures. One day we went to nearby Thatcher Park and hiked the famous Indian Ladder trail, one that I have been to many times when I was the age of my kids.

I have lost some weight in the past months and am lucky to have a tailor in the family. Tav and Ellie ran a tailor shop in Colonie, NY for more than 25 years and my father still maintains a small business in the basement of the house. Here is preparing to work on a pair of pants for me.

Finally we see Tav and Marco sporting the Italian soccer team uniform. Tav loves soccer and these two make a photogenic pair with their matching outfits. In fact, we frequently marvel at the resemblence that our two youngest kids - Marco and Maria - have to my parents. Both in appearance and personality, they resemble Tav and Ellie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi im tony cazzatos older brother somehow i wasnt mentioned on this blog even thought i saw him when he visited my mom and dad.i forgot to mention im the bro with the oxgen tank.it was very nice seeing themagain i miss them .i love them too bye.chris

Tony Cazzato said...

Chris,
My apologies ! I have modified the text above to include you in my list of family members living in Schenectady. I left without any pictures of you, otherwise you certainly would have gathered a more prominent recognition.
I love you too !
Your brother,
Tony