Friday, July 2, 2010

#310 Family Departs

Kathleen and the children left today for America. They will spend all of their summer vacation in Peoria and a few other locations to visit our family. I will stay behind in Suzhou for another month or so to keep the job going, then return in late July to join them.

Joseph had a particularly difficult thing to do as he leaves this year. His very close friend, Owen (yellow shirt above), who has appeared in many of these blog entries, is leaving China to move back home to San Jose, California. Joseph spent most of his waking hours outside of school with Owen (and Owen's family too !). It was very sad to watch him say goodbye to his good buddy.

So also, poor Dad is left here in Suzhou to work, feed myself, and live in a large and quiet house for a few weeks. One plus, I do not have to share the car with Kathleen for a month. This is my third summer spending a month living alone and it certainly makes me grateful to have a family.

No comments: