Friday, July 9, 2010

#311 Sunday Auchan

I am sure that I have written before about shopping in the Chinese grocery store, but since I only go once per year (when Kathleen is out of town), it strikes me as new and newsworthy that any store can be this crowded and crazy.

Have a look at Sunday afternoon at the store called Auchan. Auchan is a French-owned grocery megastore chain with many locations in China. The U.S. equivalent would be a Walmart that sells food in addition to clothes, electronics, appliances, and other household merchandise.

Check out the sale happening in the clothing aisle, the crowd in the shampoo aisle, the room temperature meat market, and the hundreds of people in the fresh fruit section. I bet Schnucks in Peoria doesn't have this many customers in a whole month !

On this visit, I purchased an umbrella, a bottle of shampoo, and a pack of gum. That was all I could fight my way to find.

No comments: