Monday, February 18, 2008

#51 Phuket Sans Pics

We just returned today from our week R&R in Phuket, Thailand. The lead picture above was going to be a shot of our family on a turquoise beach in the Andaman Sea during an island hopping speedboat tour. Unfortunately, during one of our island stops, I carried Maria from the beach to the boat in waist deep water with the Sony Cybershot in the pocket of my swimsuit. The camera was submerged in seawater and I lost all of the pictures of our Thailand vacation. Oh, I cannot tell you how disappointed I am !

Juliana and I went to U-town in Suzhou this afternoon and bought a new camera. In the picture above she is posing with the kind salesman named Li Gang at the Sony booth who sold us a new camera.

There is still hope for a couple good pictures. I bought a waterproof disposable camera in Thailand to take snorkeling and swimming. There may be a shot or two from that batch that is worth posting. Tomorrow I will get those pictures back from the Kodak shop. Maybe once I get over the depression of losing the pictures, I will write a story of our vacation in Phuket.

No comments: