Wednesday, August 5, 2009

#233 Italy Vacation

Our long awaited trip to Italy has arrived. As I mentioned before, Kathleen and the kids returned from their Peoria home leave and we are now heading to Italy for a three week vacation. The high level plan is a week in Northern Italy, a week in the south, and a week in my father's home town of Tricase in the far south.

Exciting as it is, the travel day to Italy was a real bear. It started well, but ended badly when Finnair lost my suitcase. Above you can see me standing in line (for 2 hrs) to inquire about my lost bag. Things got even more challenging when the late night drive from Milan to Parma took much longer that the expected two hours - particularly when we got lost for over an hour on the streets of Parma.

We reached our rental apartment in Parma at 3:00 AM - 27 hrs after departing our house in Suzhou. We will spend four nights in Parma and see some sights in the region.

No comments: